3 users responded in this post

Subscribe to this post comment rss or trackback url
Suthern Yankee's S.O. said in November 25th, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Go to the DESE of the State of Texas. That’s where I would start. They have to have an answer to that question. If you taught at a school district previously, ask them.

Mike S said in November 25th, 2009 at 7:35 pm

I’m not sure about Texas, but here in Illinois your certification during the time you were gone would simply be considered inactive. You would simply activate your certificate once you return back to work. If you want it to remain active, just complete any continuing education requirements and pay your annual fee to keep your certificate updated. I’d definitely contact your state board and inquire about precise certification procedures… every state seems to be a little different.

i_b_winkn_at_u said in November 29th, 2009 at 1:55 am

Renewing your Texas Credential

How about earning college credits by taking online classes or independent course work. If you’ve already worked for a school try contacting them to see if you would be able to sit in on their trainings. The local university in my city offers Teacher Workshop trainings in the summer for continuing education units.